Assessment process at UU
Basic steps for creating and performing exams in Remindo
- Below you will find the basic steps to create and perform an exam in the Remindo software. The steps will provide guidance during the process but are not part of a checklist.
- Your key user can give you more information and understands all steps that are necessary to be optimally prepared for creating and performing a digital exam. You key user will ask you a few times about essential information. They might diverge from the order in which the steps are presented if necessary.
- A checklist(Dutch only) has been made available for teachers so that you will not forget to check any of the steps. This document contains details on practical areas of concern as well as areas that concern creating questions and recipes.
- The numbers below correspond to the numbers on the homepage (steps), although the homepage contains additional subjects as well.
Please note! Some hyperlinks below discuss multiple bullet points.
- Read the practical information before you start (see yellow drop-down menu, step 1)
- Creating questions
- Go to the admin view, choose Questions and choose your Faculty (item bank). Choose the correct course (category)
- Add a question
- Construct your question and save it. Each question type has some general and question-specific settings.
- Test your question
- Edit your question, if you want to
- Approve your question
- Composing an exam (via admin view)
- Go to Admin view
- Create a recipe. You can choose one of the following: practice, graded practice, or exam. Advanced themes: working with a Source recipe and Variant
- Adjust all recipe settings to your liking. Read more about caesura and negate guessing.
- Add questions. You can vary the order in which you want to offer your exam questions. When creating an exam, please note if you want to correct open questions ‘per question’.
- Save your recipe (do so after each alteration)
- Activate your recipe
- Test your recipe
- Go to the Student view
- Click on the Studies & Recipes tab
- Test your exam as a student (alter questions or recipe if necessary). Your key user will deal with planning the moment of examination and linking your students to the exam.
- Exam performance
- Go to the Activity overview during the exam. Read the instruction.
- After the exam has ended, correct open questions
- After the exam has ended, view results (per group or per individual)
- Exam analysis
- Go to the Analyses to view and analyse exam results. After the exam has ended, certain settings regarding assessment can be edited, such as in the answer key and caesura.
- Exam reviews